Monday, August 11, 2008

Alone and Hungry.

Alone and hungry is not a fun state to be for someone who likes cooking. Cooking for one is a difficult task. Today I opened the fridge and the pantry trying to find something delicious to eat. This is what I came up with....
Photobucket

Basically I took a portabella mushroom and put in a pan with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Smothered the mushroom with garlic butter and place sliced cherry tomatoes inside the cap. Then I topped the cap with a mixture of smashed potatoes and broccolli. I sprinkled ground almonds on the top before baking to give it a crust.
Well, it was delicious, filling and easy to make. My dinner for one was successful. Although I'll be happy when the boyfriend comes home on Saturday, cooking for two is much more fun.

No comments: